Treating Back Pain
If you are suffering from back pain, you are not alone. Studies have shown that approximately 65 million Americans have reported a recent incident of back pain. Therefore, there are plenty of people who are searching for remedies for back pain. Moreover, given that back pain can become chronic and often requires the use of over-the-counter or prescription drugs, many people are looking for non-invasive long-term methods of solving back pain issues. With that in mind, let’s take a closer look closer look at the signs and symptoms of chronic back pain, as well as how your friends here at White Plains Chiropractic Wellness, PLLC can help.
Signs and Symptoms of Back Pain
While the signs and symptoms may seem to be obvious, the fact of the matter is, back pain can have a wide variety of signs and symptoms. Some of which include the following:
- Shooting or stabbing pain
- Muscle ache
- Pain that improves when you are in an inclined position
- Pain that radiates down your leg
- Pain that gets worse with lifting, bending, walking, or standing
The Causes of Back Pain
If you are suffering from chronic back pain it may be due to any of the following:
- Ligament or muscle strain
- Bulging or ruptured disc
- Skeletal irregularities
Back Pain Treatment Options
If you are interested in getting treated by a chiropractor, we're here to help. Back pain can be treated effectively using some of the following options:
- Massage: One of the best methods for treating back pain involves using various massage techniques.
- Adjustments: One common back pain treatment is chiropractic adjustments. This is a treatment in which the chiropractor uses his or her hands as a tool to apply sudden force to adjust and realign the spine.
- Hot and Cold Therapies: Another treatment option is heat or cold therapies. You may need ice packs or cold compresses, depending on the location and severity of the pain.
- Stretches and Exercises: Another common treatment option is various stretches and exercises that can help eliminate back pain.
- Relaxation Techniques: Additionally, relaxation techniques can help reduce back pain for patients.
- Patient Education: Lastly, the chiropractor may provide tips to improve your posture and other ways to help reduce your back pain.
If you live in or around White Plaines, NY, and you are suffering from back pain, we’re here to assist you. Call White Plains Chiropractic Wellness, PLLC today at (914) 761-1121 to schedule an appointment. We will provide a proper diagnosis and develop a treatment plan to reduce and eliminate your back pain.